H.A.W.K.S. Staff, Location & Schedule
Part-time counselor/liaison to school counseling staff
Part-time school social worker
Part-time special education teacher
Part-time English teacher
Part-time mathematics teacher
Part-time science teacher
Part-time social studies teacher
Location and Schedule
- The H.A.W.K.S. program meets Monday through Thursday, from 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM, in the District Office Annex Building, at 30 Coer Road, Prospect.
- The three hour morning session is broken up into different learning blocks, with different learning opportunities presented each day. The afternoon session is a “core” subject each day - English, Science, Math and Social Studies.
- School Connect, an hourly session that focuses on social, emotional and academic skills, meets weekly with RSD #16’s social worker.
- Students are expected to continue and complete online & independent work outside of school hours as well.
Delay and Cancellation Information
- IF Woodland Regional High School has a scheduled early dismissal day, the H.A.W.K.S. Alternative School will meet to make up the school day on the next available Friday.
- IF Woodland Regional High School has an unscheduled early dismissal day due to inclement weather, the H.A.W.K.S. Alternative School will meet to make up the school day on a to-be-determined Friday.
- IF there is an unscheduled late arrival schedule called due to inclement weather, the H.A.W.K.S. Alternative School will begin ONE HOUR LATER, at 12:30 PM. Bussing will still be available.
- IF there is an unscheduled school day cancellation, the H.A.W.K.S. Alternative School is cancelled for the day.
- Please check Schoology for updates in all of the above cases.